This is just a place where I write lines and rhymes.

Other Poets
  • The Poemster


  • Tuesday, June 01, 2004

    An Evening's Poem


    I have yet to figure out the point of that evening,
    An evening where dull folks full of flagrant Hypocrisy,
    Pretend to familiarise and find life interesting,
    While my mind lies in awareness of the irony of humanity.

    But then I noticed you over there in complete neglect,
    My eyes met yours and we knew what the Phony knows,
    But never admits for fear of disapproval and disrespect,
    From those who destroyed Directness by shoving her to sheer shameful shadows.


    MiKe

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Peg said...

    Is it not from your watching that yes you may connect. Don't be too hard on those who are lost, they know nothing more than what is surface. I have learned to be polite to those for I would want for nothing less myself, but I also learned that I will not compromise myself for the lesser or better of them. You need not build anger for those you cannot change or direct but through what you are you may change that which is to be.
    Sail on Mike, but don't keep your sails too tight for the wind shall rip them from the poles and shall plunge you deeper than you may have bargained for! all my love, Peg

    3:58 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Site Meter